Upgrading or renovating your pond can be a daunting task for many in the Lexington-Central Kentucky area..
Explore your Pain....
- What was frustrating to take care of last year? Maybe you had green water ? String algae? Leaks? Etc.
- Is there enough room for my fish?
- What equipment stopped working? Lights, Filters, Pumps, etc.
You get the point, reflect on your pain and you will have your answer to what parts of your pond need to be renovated.
Pond Renovation Example
Planning Your Pond Renovation...
First, break your “Pain Points” into a List or tasks. This may be a simple "New Pond" or it may be a list of items/tasks that you would like to add to the pond. An example list could be (New Lights, Waterfalls is leaking, Green Water, etc). Once you have your list you should prioritize the list in order of importance for you.
Second, decide how much are you willing and able to invest into your pond this Spring? Notice the 2 key words I used (“Willing” & “Able”) When talking to local Lexinigton & Central Kentucky customers I always focus on these words. After all without a budget I cannot provide a viable solution.. Right? Same holds true for you DIY pond owners. You simply have to decide what you are willing and able to invest into your pond to alleviate your pain.
Third, Keep your end goal in sight & come up with a plan! What I mean by this is just because your budget doesn’t allow for your desired end solution this season does not necessarily mean that you cannot start making steps in the right direction. For example, you may want a totally new pond and waterfall but your budget does not allow for new pond this season. That’s ok, many times we will install a new skimmer or renovate or add a waterfall for a pond knowing that the next phase is coming in the future. Just be sure you are spending your money wisely so that you don’t have to remove the work from phase 1 when you start phase 2,3, etc.
Now that we have decided on what needs to be fixed and have a budget in mind, we can start looking at opportunities for improvement.
Pond Renovation / Upgrades Help.
Here are a couple of ways we can help you with your Pond Renovation
- Come into our Pond Store and speak to one of our Pond Professionals. Bring pictures and we will be glad to help you decide on what renovations best fit your situation and budget. Note: it is best to schedule an appointment so we can be sure we have the proper technicians available to assist you.
- Send Us Your Pictures... A picture is worth a thousand words. Simply email us your pictures with a description of your issues and we will have one of our service technicians contact you.
- Schedule an onsite Pond Profile (Nominal Fee). This step comes after we have received your pictures and we decide together that an onsite review would be best suited to properly evaluate your pond and offer suggestions.