Almost everyone here in Central KY decorates the front of their homes. But what about your landscaping around your pond? Have you ever thought of decorating your landscaping and pond for the holidays?
Here are a few ideas for how to spruce up your backyard landscape for the Christmas season.
Warning: Be conscious of lighting cords and your water feature. Electricity and Water do not mix!!!
- Place lights in the trees around the pond. Create icicles off the tree limbs, etc.
- Outline the edges of the pond & Landscape with candy canes, or snowflake lights, or any other type of holiday lighting.
- Place a lighted Palm tree around the pond for a more tropical look..After all, if you can get away with a pink flamingo in the summer you can pull off a lighted palm tree. Right?
- Place some lighted deer or other animals around the pond and stream. Make them look natural, drinking from the stream, eating your decorative grass, etc.
- Place a Santa or Snowman sitting on a rock or on a bench beside the pond. Or place the sled and Reindeer landing in the stream.
- Turn one of your trees around the pond into an outdoor Christmas Tree. Place some lights around the tree, add some tinsel or garland, then add some ornaments, candy canes and pine cones with glitter on them, and some bows.
- Add some floating lights to the pond.
- Add a nativity scene near the pond. Have the animals grazing around the pond for a natural Nativity scene
Enjoy the Holidays and have a blessed Christmas season.