Fall & Winter Pond or
| || |
- Landscape & Grass – In the Fall & Winter your grass and landscape are typically dormant so the damage will be less, and they will recover quickly in the Spring.
- Scheduling– There is no denying that Spring is the most popular time of the year for new pond or outdoor living (patio, deck, outdoor kitchen, etc) construction in the Lexington / Central KY area. Therefore, our Spring / early Summer schedule fills up very quickly (often by the end of March). By having your project installed in the Fall/Winter you will be enjoying your new pond, patio, deck, etc while others are patiently waiting for our us to get to their project. Even If you do want to wait to Spring you can put down a minimal deposit to secure your place on our construction schedule come Spring.
- Project Timelines - Spring rains can delay construction for weeks. Fall weather is dryer, cooler, and usually more predictable. On average, you lose fewer days to rain, and the ground is easier to work.
- For Ponds & Water Features
- Plants - Planting marginal (bog) plants in early fall allows them time to get rooted. During fall, plants focus their energy on root development rather than foliar (leaf) growth. When spring arrives they have enough stored energy for lush, healthy growth.
- Landscaping - Perimeter landscaping is always best accomplished in fall. Plants get better established and will be more heat resistant by summer.
- Ecosystem – Installing the pond in the fall enables the pond water to settle and mature. You should experience less of an algae problem, if any, as the pond reaches proper bacterial balance during cooler fall weather.
H2O Designs has been designing, building and maintaining ponds, water features & Outdoor Living Areas in the Central area KY for over 13 years. In 2005, H2O Designs became Certified by Aquascape Inc. as a Certified Aquascape Contractor (CAC) and in 2010 they added their Outdoor Living By Design division