The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has impacted and is continuing to impact the Central Kentucky community. At H2O Designs, Inc. we value each customer relationship and see no reason, at the present time, to suspend our sales and design operations or otherwise cancel scheduled work. At the same time, we value the health and well-being of all individuals and want to do what we can to protect our employees, customers, and everyone with whom we do business. At this time, we are taking the following measures to keep safety as our top priority:
In addition to these measures we will also be offering a new “Virtual Project Design Process” for Lexington & Central Kentucky homeowners. We are still pleased to offer our traditional design meetings and process . However, for those who are wanting a new Water Feature or Outdoor Living Area in the Central KY area and want the security of not physically interacting with our design consultants we are happy to offer the following changes to our process:
Technology truly is amazing and we are happy to be able to continue to work with you through these strange times.
Fall & Winter Pond or
| || |
- Landscape & Grass – In the Fall & Winter your grass and landscape are typically dormant so the damage will be less, and they will recover quickly in the Spring.
- Scheduling– There is no denying that Spring is the most popular time of the year for new pond or outdoor living (patio, deck, outdoor kitchen, etc) construction in the Lexington / Central KY area. Therefore, our Spring / early Summer schedule fills up very quickly (often by the end of March). By having your project installed in the Fall/Winter you will be enjoying your new pond, patio, deck, etc while others are patiently waiting for our us to get to their project. Even If you do want to wait to Spring you can put down a minimal deposit to secure your place on our construction schedule come Spring.
- Project Timelines - Spring rains can delay construction for weeks. Fall weather is dryer, cooler, and usually more predictable. On average, you lose fewer days to rain, and the ground is easier to work.
- For Ponds & Water Features
- Plants - Planting marginal (bog) plants in early fall allows them time to get rooted. During fall, plants focus their energy on root development rather than foliar (leaf) growth. When spring arrives they have enough stored energy for lush, healthy growth.
- Landscaping - Perimeter landscaping is always best accomplished in fall. Plants get better established and will be more heat resistant by summer.
- Ecosystem – Installing the pond in the fall enables the pond water to settle and mature. You should experience less of an algae problem, if any, as the pond reaches proper bacterial balance during cooler fall weather.
H2O Designs has been designing, building and maintaining ponds, water features & Outdoor Living Areas in the Central area KY for over 13 years. In 2005, H2O Designs became Certified by Aquascape Inc. as a Certified Aquascape Contractor (CAC) and in 2010 they added their Outdoor Living By Design division