An outdoor kitchen expands your living space and allows you to cook, eat and entertain in the comfort of your own Lexington & Central Kentucky Home. Summer is the time for backyard BBQ's and grilling; but a well designed outdoor kitchen should allow you to enjoy cooking outside all year around.
Outdoor kitchens In Lexington Kentucky and all over the country have certainly become one of the hottest items in home building in the last few years. You can get the same options from your indoor kitchen and you can put those things in your outdoor kitchen. For example, you can get cabinets, grills, refrigerators, sinks & much more. For most, the basic item for your outdoor kitchen is a barbecue grill — don't forget that what makes it a kitchen is that you have a place to cook. You can get a prefab grill, a semi-custom grill or a grill that is custom built for your outdoor kitchen and outdoor living experience.
Additional Considerations For Your Outdoor Kitchen Include
- Cooking - A BBQ grill is the most popular choice for outdoor cooking, but there are other outdoor cooking options such as ceramic charcoal grills outdoor ovens, or even a brick or stone pizza oven, for example.
- Refrigerators / Wine Coolers - A refrigerator or wine cooler is a perfect addition to any outdoor kitchen. Not only can you handily keep your favorite beverages cold but you can also keep those perfect drink condiments.
- Granite Counter Top - Like an indoor kitchen, your outdoor version might include granite counter tops and storage cabinets. For the counter top in your outdoor kitchen two options are brick or stone. The counter space can also be used to eat on. Usually when you are planning for an eat-on counter, you want to make sure that it's at least 15" deep and approximately 24" wide per person.
- Storage cabinets need to be waterproofed on an outdoor kitchen, and there are many woods that are resistant to rot — such as redwood. Stainless steel that matches a grill, for instance, is another good option for cabinets.
- Sink - No kitchen would be complete without a sink. Outdoor sinks are either fed with a hose or connected to the home's water supply. Good choices for your outdoor sink would be either stainless steel or ceramic.
- Covered or Open? - You might want to consider keeping your kitchen sheltered from the elements. You can have a pergola, gazebo or covered porch over your kitchen area, but experts wouldn't recommend having a ceiling or shelter over the grill area because of the potential for smoke.
- Flooring - Finally, it's important to consider the proper flooring. You must try to avoid using flooring that is slick, which makes a Paver Patio the perfect foundation for your outdoor Kitchen.
We service All of Central Kentucky
Contact us if you don't see your town listed below
Lexington, Nicholasville, Versailles, Georgetown, Richmond, Danville, Lancaster, Stanford, Frankfort and other Central Kentucky Communities, Boyle County, Madison County, Mercer County, Fayette County, Franklin County, Garrard County, Scott County, Jessamine County, Woodford County